Stir Fried Beef
|Beef flank/Boneless sirloin steak||1 Pound, fat trimmed|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Bok choy stalks with leaves||4 Large|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Chinese pea pods||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||6 Ounce (2 cups)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl mix beef, 1 teaspoon corn starch, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and pepper together.
2) Cover the bowl and let it sit for 30 minutes.
3) Make a mixture of cold water and corn starch.
4) Take a wok and add oil to it. Rotate it to coat sides. Heat it.
5) Add beef, ginger and garlic to the wok and cook until beef is brown.
6) Remove beef and add bok choy stems and onions. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
7) Now, add bok choy leaves, pea pods and mushroom and cook for a couple of minutes.
8) Add broth and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Bring the mixture boil.
9) At this stage add corn starch and cook a minute.
10) Add beef and stir until it is heated.
11) Serve Stir fried beef with plain rice or noodles.
Beef is easier to cut if partially frozen.
Do not combine leaves and stems.