Rolled Beef Slices
|Beef||4 Large (thin slices)|
|Red wine||4 Ounce (1/2 glass)|
|Bacon||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Herbs||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
3) With oil, brush the beef and let stand for 2 hours.
4) Then, remove the excess oil.
5) With salt and pepper, rub the beef.
6) On one side, spread mustard.
7) To this, add the capers, 1 chopped onion and the bacon, spreading evenly on the beef slices.
8) Then, gently roll up the meat.
9) With a string, tie the roll or pierce with a skewer.
10) In a frying pan, quickly brown the meat.
11) To the soaked Romertopf, transfer the browned meat.
12) To this, add the remaining chopped onion.
13) Then, pour the wine on top.
14) In the hot oven, cook covered for 1 1/2 hours.
15) Meanwhile, combine 1/2 pint of stock with the flour.
16) Then, remove from the Romertopf from the oven and add the stock liquid.
17) Return the Romertopf to the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until meat is brown.
18) Serve the Rolled Beef Slices hot.
You can also prepare a filling of minced meat, a little chopped bacon and onion, pinch of salt, chopped parsley and grated lemon rind and then fill the meat slices with this. Or, fill the slices with pieces of cheese, or chopped hard-boiled egg.