|Boneless chuck||3 1⁄2 Pound (1 no.)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned condensed chili beef soup||11 Ounce (1 can)|
|Corn bread||2 (as required)|
1) Slice the beef into thin strips and trim off any visible fat.
2) Sprinkle with the flour, until thoroughly coated
3) In a skillet, saute the beef strips in shortening, until browned; drain off the excess fat.
4) Stir in rest of the ingredients, except the soup and corn bread.
5) Cover and cook over a low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
6) Stir in the beef soup, stir occasionally and cook, covered for another 1/2 hour, or until the beef is tender.
7) Spoon the Beef Mexicali over corn bread and serve immediately.