Beef Cordon Bleu
|Lean sirloin steak||2 Pound (4 In Number, 1/2 Pound Or 150 Gram Each)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Danish ham||4 , made into thin slices|
|Svenbo cheese/Danbo cheese||4 , made into thin slices|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (50 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Bread crumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (90 Gram)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Place each steak between two sheets of plastic and use a meat hammer or edge of a frying pan to pound and flatten the steaks to 4-inches X 7-inches. This also helps to tenderize the meat.
2. Over each steak, spoon ¼ teaspoon of mustard and spread evenly.
3. Place a slice of Danish ham on each steak, then top with a slice of cheese.
4. Roll the steaks, folding in the edges, and secure with toothpicks or skewers.
5. Season flour and dredge the steak rolls with it.
6. Bread the steak rolls by dipping in egg and rolling in breadcrumbs, lightly pressing to form an ever coating.
7. In a frying pan, melt the butter and heat.
8. Brown the rolls in the butter, turning to brown evenly.
9. Fry until tender.
10. Serve the Beef Cordon Bleu immediately accompanied with a green, fresh salad on the side and with a glass of robust red wine.