Spicy Pot Roast
|Ground mace||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Rolled rump roast||4 Pound|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato ketchup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, combine salt, mace, garlic and pepper and mix well.
2. Sprinkle this seasoning mix over the roast and rub well on both sides.
3. Place the roast in a non-metallic container and pour the cider vinegar over it.
4. Cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator. Allow the meat to marinate and tenderize for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight. Turn the meat occasionally to keep it covered with the marinade.
5. Drain the meat, discarding the marinade.
6. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat.
7. When hot but not smoking, sear the roast on both sides to seal the juices within the meat.
8. Stir in the ketchup and water
9. Cover and stew the meat on a low heat for almost 2 ½ to 3 hours or until the heat is almost tender.
10. In the mean while, in a skillet heat the remaining oil.
11. SautÃ© the onions and pepper in it until tender-crisp.
12. Let the onion and peppers join the meat when its cooked.
13. Cook covered for another 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
14. Slice and serve the Spicy beef pot roast with onions and pepper over a braised rice pilaf.