Corned Beef With Zesty Horseradish Sauce
|Corned beef brisket||3 Pound|
|Carrots||6 , cut in quarters|
|Cabbage||1 Medium, cut into 6 wedges|
|Chicken gravy mix||3⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope, French's Brand)|
|Prepared horseradish||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Arrange a rack in a casserole or Dutch oven.
3. Place the meat on the rack.
4. Cover with water.
5. Cover and transfer the casserole to the heated oven.
6. Cook corned beef for 2 ½ hours until almost tender.
7. Surround the meat with the vegetables and pour another ½ cup water over them if required.
8. Re-cover and return to oven for another half hour or so until meat and vegetables are cooked.
9. Transfer meat and vegetables to a platter.
10. Skim fat from pan juices, measure 1 ½ cups of it. Add to a saucepan.
11. Stir in gravy and prepared horseradish.
12. Simmer and cook stirring, until the sauce thickens.
13. Pour into a gravy boat.
14. Slice roast and serve with vegetables.
15. Pass gravy at the table.
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110 mg36.7%
Sodium 302.5 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 32 g63.4%
Vitamin A 205.4% Vitamin C 59.9%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet