|Sliced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Crushed oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Condensed tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Dash (A Generous)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Remove the fat from the meat.
3) On a roasting pan, add in the meat. Transfer the pan into the oven. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours.
4) Drain off the excess fat.
5) In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Saute the onions, garlic and oregano till the onions become soft.
6) Next, add in the condensed tomato soup, water and pepper.
7) Pour the mixture over the semi-baked meat.
8) Cover the pan and bake for another 1 1/2 hours or till the beef becomes tender. You may bake longer if you want the sauce thicker.
9) Serve the Beef Italiano hot, over steamed rice or noodles, if desired. Sprinkle grated cheese or chopped parsley on top.