Peachy Short Ribs
|Beef short ribs||4 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned cling peach halves||29 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tomato catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. Score meaty side of ribs, opposite bone, 1/2 inch apart, 1/2 inch deep, lengthwise and crosswise.
2. Drain the peaches adding ¾ cup of the syrup to a bowl.
3. Blend in soy sauce, catsup and garlic.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F
5. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, heat the oil over high heat.
6. When hot but not smoking, add the ribs and sautÃ© them until well browned on all sides.
7. Pour the prepared sauce over the ribs.
8. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil and transfer it to the preheated oven.
9. Let the ribs cook for 2 1/2 hours while it soaks up the sauce.
10. Add the peaches during last 30 minutes of cooking the ribs.
11. Serve Peachy Short Ribs hot with a salad an a robust red wine.