Fiesta Beef Medley
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Kikkoman Brand)|
|Frozen green beans||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), washed and drained|
1. Heat a large skillet and sautÃ© the beef to render fat.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the beef and sautÃ© together until the beef it browned and the onions and garlic are soft.
3. Tip in the tomatoes and stir in the soy sauce, pepper, beans and rice. SautÃ© to blend flavors.
4. Pour in the water and bring to a boil, stirring to prevent the rice from sticking.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer until the rice is cooked.
6. Turn into a casserole dish and serve hot.
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.8%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg26.7%
Sodium 1139.6 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 26 g51.6%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet