Beef Broccoli with Rice
|Long-grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Frozen broccoli||20 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, divided (2 Cups)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Place frozen broccoli in a colander and run under hot water.
4. Cook rice according to package directions, but do not add the butter and salt.
5. In a saucepan, add beef and cook till meat is brown; pour off fat.
6. Drain and place in the baking dish sprayed and top with the rice.
7. Combine soup and mayonnaise; add ground beef and one cup cheese.
8. Spread this mixture over rice and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
9. Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes.
10. Serve the rice on a large serving platter and sprinkle shredded cheese.
Calories 1208 Calories from Fat 708
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.8%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g108.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165 mg55%
Sodium 1646.6 mg68.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 47 g94%
Vitamin A 100.4% Vitamin C 216.8%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet