Julie Goodyear'S Corned Beef Hash
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Corned beef||100 Gram, chopped|
|Dried basil/2 fresh basil leaves, chopped||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Beef stock cube||1⁄2 , crumbled|
|Potatoes||75 Gram, cooked and sliced|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a pan of boiling water, put the onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
3) Drain the onion and reserve the cooking liquid.
4) Mix together the basil, onion, pepper sauce and corned beef. Spoon the mixture into a small ovenproof dish.
5) In 5 tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid, dissolve the stock cube. Pour all over the corned beef mixture.
6) With slices of potatoes, top the beef and dot with margarine.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, till the potatoes start to brown.
8) Serve the corned beef hash while it is still hot. Transfer onto a serving platter and serve as a main course dish.
Calories 84 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg4%
Sodium 97.6 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet