Foil Baked Cabbage with Corned Beef
|Condensed cream of celery soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spicy brown mustard||1 Tablespoon (Prepared)|
|Caraway seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Nonstick cooking spray||1|
|Green cabbage head||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Head, With Nice Outer Leaves)|
|Canned corned beef||12 Ounce, cut into 2-by-1 by-1/2-inch slices (1 Can)|
|Canned whole baby carrots||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned whole new potatoes||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Tear off two 24-inch-long sheets of foil, place one sheet crisscross over the other and spray surface with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Remove eight large outer leaves from cabbage and from the remaining head of cabbage, shred enough to measure 4 cups.
4. In small bowl, stir together celery soup, water, mustard, caraway seed and pepper and set aside.
5. In center of foil, place six cabbage leaves, rounded side down, to form a shallow bowl about 10 inches in diameter setting aside remaining two leaves.
6. Into cabbage-leaf bowl, place 2 cups shredded cabbage.
7. Over cabbage, place half of corned beef, carrots and potatoes and spoon half of soup mixture over the meat and vegetables.
8. Repeat layering with other half of ingredients.
9. Place remaining two cabbage leaves, rounded side up, on top of meat and vegetables and lift up sides of foil so that cabbage completely encloses layered meat and vegetables.
10. Fold edges of foil together several times to seal the package tightly.
11. Place foil package in foil baking pan and bake 30 to 40 minutes until heated through.
12. To check contents, after 30 minutes, remove from oven and carefully unfold foil.
13. If shredded cabbage is still crisp and contents not hot enough, reseal and return to oven.
14. Carefully unfold and roll back foil edges of package to form its own serving bowl and serve.
Calories 407 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79 mg26.3%
Sodium 1199.6 mg50%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.3%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 29 g57.3%
Vitamin A 144.7% Vitamin C 176.1%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet