Eggplant Florentine with Beef
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Bon appetit||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Msg)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Rinse the eggplant and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
3) In a skillet, melt the butter over a low heat, stir in the eggplant and saute until lightly browned on both the sides.
4) In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, transfer the eggplants.
5) In the same skillet, stir in the ground beef, onion, Bon Appetit, pepper, sugar, MSG, basil leaves and oregano.
6) Mix thoroughly and cook, until the beef is lightly browned.
7) Spoon the beef mixture over eggplant, then top with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.
8) Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
9) Slice the Mozzarella cheese and arrange on top of the casserole.
10) Bake for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
11) Serve the Eggplant Florentine with Beef, straight from the oven.