|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|For spinach layer|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce, thawed and drained (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|For pork layer|
|Ground pork||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 1/2 Cups)|
|Ground ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Hot red pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pitted black olives||3 , halved|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400F.
2) Take a 2-quart souffle dish and line it with bacon.
3) In another large bowl mix spinach, 1/2 cup onion, parsley, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon each, marjoram and thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, nutmeg and pepper thoroughly.
4) In another medium bowl, mix pork, ham, olives, onion, garlic, marjoram, thyme, salt, pepper sauce, eggs and brandy thoroughly.
5) Divide spinach mixture in half and pork mixture into thirds.
6) In prepared mold press each layer of a third of pork and half of spinach.
7) Repeat the same process finishing with remaining third of pork.
8) Cover tightly with foil.
9) In a pan boil water 1 inch deep and keep the molds over it.
10) Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
11) Take off from hot water and keep on racks to cool.
12) Refrigerate overnight.
13) Loosen edge of molds with spatula and keep on wire rack on a tray.
14) Remove the bacon and smooth pate.
15) Refrigerate until firm.
16) To prepare the glaze, in a small saucepan take water and sprinkle gelatin over it.
17) Stir in wine and cook over low heat until gelatin dissolves.
18) Keep the pan in ice water for 15 minutes and stir till set.
19) Use half of glaze to cover pate.
20) Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
21) Garnish with ring of black olives and carrot slice in center.
22) Reheat remaining glaze and chill again.
23) Spoon over pate and refrigerate.
24) Pass with crackers or small slices of rye bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3286 Calories from Fat 1878
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 212 g325.7%
Saturated Fat 71.4 g356.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1092.8 mg364.3%
Sodium 5977.9 mg249.1%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g69.8%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 223 g446.1%
Vitamin A 1117.1% Vitamin C 334%
Calcium 97.5% Iron 202.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet