Savory Pot Roast
|Boneless lean chuck pot roast||5 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Anchovy paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey/Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed beef broth||21 Ounce (2 Cans Of 10 1/2 Ounce, Undiluted)|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 325F.
2) With damp paper towels wipe the pot roast.
3) In 6-quart Dutch oven heat butter. Add roast and brown over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Turn in between to brown all sides evenly.
4) Take off the roast and keep aside.
5) In the Dutch oven add onion and garlic to drippings. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
6) Take off from heat and mix flour.
7) Add vinegar, anchovy paste, honey and broth. Combine well.
8) In a cheesecloth bag place bay leaves, parsley and peppercorns. Secure tightly.
9) Add it to Dutch oven and boil covered.
10) Put in oven and roast for 3 to 3 1/2 hours until meat is fork-tender.
11) Discard cheesecloth bag.
12) Put pot roast to platter.
13) Serve with sauce from Dutch oven.