Basic Minced Beef
|Beef||3 Pound, minced (1 1/2 Kilogram)|
|Lamb's liver||1⁄2 Pound (250 Grams)|
|Onions||1 Pound (1/2 Kilogram)|
|Lard||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Canned tomato puree||5 Ounce (1 Can / 125 Grams)|
|Dried mixed herbs||2 Teaspoon (1 Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Beef stock cubes||3|
|Cornflour||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
1) Remove the skin off the onion and chop. Place aside.
2) In a bowl, dissolve the stock cubes in 1 litre (11 pints) of boiling water.
3) In another bowl, dissolve cornflour in little water. Add some salt and pepper and gravy browning into the mixture.
4) In a large saucepan, heat up lard and place the liver to fry lightly until just firm.
5) Transfer the liver from the pan on a working board and chop finely.
6) In the pan, place beef and onion to fry on low heat until the onion is browned.
7) Pour in the tomato puree and add herbs and liver.
8) Add the stock mixture into the pan, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
9) Stir the cornflour mixture into the meat mixture.
10) Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if required.
11) Serve the minced beef as a filling or over pasta, noodles or rice.
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.1 mg29%
Sodium 296.7 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 34 g67.4%
Vitamin A 369.8% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet