Beef Pot Roast in Beer
|Beef rump roast||4 Pound (1 In Number)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White onions||6 Small|
|Carrots||4 Medium, peeled and cut in 1-inch pieces|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. To prepare beef coat the beef roast on all sides with the 2 tablespoons flour.
2. In Dutch oven or large skillet brown roast slowly on all sides in hot shortening and season with salt and pepper.
3. Adding 1/2 cup beer and bay leaves simmer covering tightly for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Remove bay leaves, add onions and carrots and cook for 1 hour till meat and vegetables are tender.
5. Heat a platter and transfer the meat onto it.
6. Skim fat from meat juices and add enough beer to juices to make 1 1/2 cups.
7. Add cold water to shaker with 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and shake well.
8. Stir into juices with catsup and cook, stirring constantly till thickened and bubbly.
9. Season and continue cooking with frequent stirring 2 to 3 minutes longer.
10. Serve with meat and vegetables.
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 312.3 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 72 g145%
Vitamin A 103% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet