Emergency Pasta With Minced Beef
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Button mushrooms||9 Ounce (250 g)|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
|Extra lean minced beef||10 1⁄2 Ounce (300 g)|
|Bisto/Oxo beef cube- 1/2||1 Teaspoon|
|Spicy italian sausages/Any uncooked sausages||4|
|Passata||15 Ounce (1 jar, Italian tomato sauce)|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), chopped|
|Plum tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), mashed with fork|
|Italian||2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 handfuls)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Pasta||10 1⁄2 Ounce (allow at least 300 g for each guest preferably rigatoni or penne; fusilli and angel hair are also good, Fresh or dry)|
1. Shred the ginger and then finely slice the onion and the tomatoes.
2. Deseed and cube the red pepper and quarter the button mushrooms.
3. Simmer the pasta according to the pack instructions to al dente texture and set aside till required.
4. In a large pan, heat the oil and tip in the garlic, onions and the pepper and sautÃ© till fragrant.
5. Add the beef mince to the pan and sautÃ© till brown and cooked through.
6. Add the beef stock cube to the meat and remove from direct heat.
7. In the same pan, add the sausages and brown them. Then cut them into large pieces and then return the beef mixture to the pan along with the sausages and mix well
8. Pour in the rest of the tomatoes, passata, oregano and basil and mix well. Simmer this mixture over medium heat for 20 minutes till done
9. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
10. Plate the pasta and pour the sauce over the pasta.
11. Serve immediately