Individual Pot Roasts
|Boneless beef chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Pieces, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, quartered|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef flavored gravy base||1 Teaspoon (Liquid Type)|
|Medium noodles||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Set heat selector of 4-quart electric pressure pan at 400°.
2. In the pan, heat shortening and brown meat well on all sides.
3. Turn heat selector to -€œoff-€ and season meat with salt and pepper.
4. To electric pressure pan add first 1/2 cup water or 1 cup water if using a 6-quart electric pressure pan.
5. Close cover securely and place pressure regulator on vent pipe setting heat selector at 425°.
6. Let the pressure regulator attain a steady, gently rocking motion and then turn heat selector to left till indicator light goes out.
7. Cook for 12 minutes turning heat selector to "off" and disconnect cord.
8. Let the pressure go down normally and after pressure has been completely reduced, remove pressure regulator and cover.
9. Add carrots and onions and repeat process beginning at cooking 5 minutes instead of 12 minutes.
10. Remove meat and vegetables to heated platter.
11. For gravy, in a food processor or blender blend remaining 1/2 cup water with the 2 tablespoons flour.
12. In pan stir gravy base along with drippings and cook, stirring constantly, till thickened and bubbly 2 to 3 minutes longer.
13. Serve the individual roasts with gravy on bed of hot noodles garnishing with snipped parsley and sprinkling with paprika.
Calories 767 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.3%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 159.9 mg53.3%
Sodium 274 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 44 g87.4%
Vitamin A 230.4% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 30.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet