Beef with Red Wine
|Beef||3 Pound (For Pot-Roast)|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, blanched, diced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), minced|
|All-purpose flour||2 Ounce (Use As Required)|
1. Cook beef and salt pork in a heavy kettle until they brown. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
2. Arrange a rack beneath the kettle-€™s bottom and add rest of the ingredients.
3. Cover the mixture and simmer the mixture for 180 to 210 minutes.
4. Take off the liquid and thicken the mixture with a flour-water paste.
5. Adjust the seasoning. Heat the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes more.
6. Ladle equally into 4 warm bowls and serve hot besides toasted croustades.