Polynesian Pot Roast
|Beef pot roast||3 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pineapple apricot preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In large skillet or Dutch oven brown pot roast slowly in the 2 tablespoons salad oil.
2. Sprinkle meat with a little salt.
3. In a bowl or a container combine flaked coconut, pineapple-apricot preserves, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, lemon peel, pepper and 1/4 cup water and pour over meat.
4. Cover skillet tightly and simmer meat till tender, about 2 to 2 1/4 hours.
5. Remove meat to heated platter and skim fat from pan juices retaining 1 cup of pan juices aside.
6. In a bowl blend together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water.
7. Add to pan juices and cook stirring till thickened and bubbly.
8. Spoon some sauce over meat and pass remainder.
9. With pineapple rings and watercress garnish meat or parsley.
10. Serve with hot cooked rice.