Mom’S Pot Roast With Red Wine
|Chuck roast||3 Pound|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , cut into 8 wedges|
|Carrots||2 , cut into pieces|
|Whole potatoes||8 , washed and cleaned|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper on both the sides.
2. In a dutch oven, heat the canola oil and add the seasoned chuck roast. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. When one side is done, flip it over and continue to cook.
3. Remove the chuck roast from the pan and add the onions, carrots, thymes and rosemary to saute for a while. Add the roast back to the pan, when the vegetables change color. Pour the red wine and the stock to cover the roast. Stir well and cover with a lid.
4. Put the container into the oven preheated at 325F for about 3 1/2 hours. After 2 and 1/2 hours, bring the container out to add remaining carrots and potatoes and again set it for baking for another 45 minutes.
5. Serve the roast on a platter along with the vegetables and spoon little amount of liquid sauce over the meat and the vegetables. Garnish with fresh sprigs of rosemary and thymes.