Different Beef Birds
|Round steak||16 Pound, cut thin|
|Small onions||2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||5|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Wash and pat dry the beef. Cut it into 100 pieces that are approximately 2x4 inches in size
2. Sprinkle the meat pieces with salt and pepper.
3. Wash the carrots and scrape them clean. Cut them into thin strips.
4. Peel the onions, wash and slice. Set aside till required
5. Dissolved bouillon cubes in boiling water. Set aside till required
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F
7. Prepare each beef strip by placing 2 carrot strips and 1 onion slices on the beef strip. Roll the meat strip up to form a thick roll and then fasten it up with toothpicks.
8. Dip the rolls in the flour and set aside on a plate
9. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown the rolls for a few minutes. When the rolls and browned, place them in a baking tray.
10. Pour the bouillon over the saucepan and collect all the pan drippings in the stock. Pour this stock over the rolls in the baking tray.
11. Cover the tray with foil paper and then bake in a hot oven for one hour or till the rolls are tender.
12. Uncover the rolls and brown the birds for 15 minutes
13. Serve hot with a fresh salad and steamed rice.