Broccoli Carrot and Mushroom with Beef
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ginger||1 Inch (1 knob)|
|Beef steak||1 1⁄4 Pound (600 gram, preferably sirloin / rump)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine/Dry sherry||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
|Light olive oil||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
1) Wash the broccoli well ,snap off the ends and cut the broccoli into florets.
2) Peel and slice the carrot into thin slices.
3) Thinly slice the mushrooms.
4) Discard the seed from the red chilli and slice into thin strips.
5) Finely mince the garlic and thinly slice the ginger.
6) Slice the beef across the grain into thick strips.
7) Mix oyster sauce, rice wine, sugar and pepper to the beef and allow to marinate.
8) In a saute pan, heat oil over high heat.
9) Fry ginger, garlic and chilli briefly by turning frequently until nice smell comes.
10) Lightly combine in beef strips (reserve marinade) and stir-fry for 90 seconds over the maximum heat.
11) Take off from pan and put aside.
12) Lightly mix in carrot, then broccoli and mushrooms.
13) Now add 1 tablespoon water and the beef marinade.
14) Cover with lid and cook further for 3 to 4 minutes.
15) Add beef and cover and cook for a minute.
16) Serve at once when very hot.