Sweet And Sour Beef
|Sirloin steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut 1/2 inch thick|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 , cut in eighths|
|Tomatoes||2 , quartered|
1) Cut the beef into ½ inch cubes.
2) In a bowl, beat the eggs and garlic and dip the meat in it.
3) Roll the meat in half of the cornstarch.
4) Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice.
5) In a wok, heat the fat to 375°F and fry the meat for 3 minutes or until browned.
6) Drain the meat on a paper napkin.
7) In a bowl mix 1/4 cup cornstarch with the pineapple juice, then add in the water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
8) In the same, skillet simmer the pineapple juice mixture.
9) Keep stirring constantly, until thickened.
10) Add in the pineapples, green peppers, tomatoes and beef.
11) Cook for 3 minutes more, check seasoning and remove.
12) Serve hot on the bed of rice.