Sweet And Sour Beef
|Sirloin steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut 1/2 inch thick|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 , cut in eighths|
|Tomatoes||2 , quartered|
1) Cut the beef into ½ inch cubes.
2) In a bowl, beat the eggs and garlic and dip the meat in it.
3) Roll the meat in half of the cornstarch.
4) Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice.
5) In a wok, heat the fat to 375°F and fry the meat for 3 minutes or until browned.
6) Drain the meat on a paper napkin.
7) In a bowl mix 1/4 cup cornstarch with the pineapple juice, then add in the water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
8) In the same, skillet simmer the pineapple juice mixture.
9) Keep stirring constantly, until thickened.
10) Add in the pineapples, green peppers, tomatoes and beef.
11) Cook for 3 minutes more, check seasoning and remove.
12) Serve hot on the bed of rice.
Calories 728 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.9%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.7 mg64.9%
Sodium 616.1 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 42.1 g
Protein 39 g78%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 127.7%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet