Lamb Toad In The Hole
|Lamb loin chops||2|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Milk||300 Milliliter (1/2 Pint)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
1) Adjust the oven on to Gas Mark 4/350°F/180°C.
2) In a shallow baking dish, place the chops, sausages, kidneys and bacon in a pattern.
3) Add required seasonings.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes and thenbring up the temperature to Gas Mark 7/425°F/ 220°C and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5) Alternately, prepare the batter by whisking together the egg yolks, the milk and the flour to produce a mixture of smooth consistency.
6) Just prior to adding the batter to the meat, beat the egg whites until they are fluffy and peaks form (but before they become dry).
7) Now gradually fold them into the batter.
8) After 5 minutes at the higher temperature, take away the meat from the oven, quickly add the batter and return to the oven to cook for further 20 minutes.
9) Dish is ready to be served with vegetables of your choice and onion gravy,if desired.