Spicy Curried Beef and Broccoli
|Rump steak||1 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Red hot chili||1 Small|
|Fresh ginger||1 1⁄2 Inch|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Coconut||8 Ounce, grated, unsweetened|
|Broccoli||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
1) Using a large sharp knife,make very thin strips by slicing and put aside.
2) Remove the shallot's and garlic and chop fine.
3) Now cut the hot chile crosswise into thin rings.
4) Remove the peel and finely grate the ginger.
5) Squeeze the juice from the lime.
6) Chop the white portion of the lemongrass fine, removing the rest.
7) In a medium bowl, mix together the shallots, garlic, chile, ginger, lime juice, lemongrass, coriander, and soy sauce.
8) Add the meat, then mix well and keep aside for 1 hour.
9) Alternately,put the grated coconut in a bowl with 2 cups of water and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
10) Into a bowl, strain the coconut through a fine sieve, pressing with a spoon and squeezing with your hands to extract as much coconut milk as possible.
11) Cut the broccoli into florets, peel the stalks and thinly slice diagonally.
12) In a wok over high heat, heat the oil ,add the meal and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
13) Now add the broccoli and coconut milk and allow to boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes.
14) Sprinkle on top with chopped cilantro leaves and serve.
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 20 g99.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 656.7 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 38 g75%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 50.2%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet