Cooked Beef Salad With Mustard Anchovy Dressing
|Pot roast strips/Other boiled / braised beef||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Each About 2 Inches Long And 1/2 Inch Wide)|
|Red onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Canned white kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and rinsed (Cannellini)|
|Celery rib||1 , trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias|
|Oil cured black olives||16 , halved and pitted|
|Tomato||1 Large, halved, seeded and diced|
|Parsley leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Anchovy fillets||3 , drained|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (As Required, For Garnish)|
1) In a mixing bowl, add strips of beef, sliced onion, beans, celery, olives, diced tomato and parsley leaves.
2) Use a mortar and pestle to prepare the dressing. Alternately, use a small bowl and back of a wooden spoon, to mash together mustard, garlic, and anchovies to make a paste.
3) Stir in vinegar and capers into the paste.
4) Gradually add oil in thin stream, to whisk into the dressing with a fork, until the dressing is smooth and thick.
5) Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
6) Garnish the Cooked Beef Salad with the parsley sprigs before serving.