Stir Fried Beef and Vegetables
|Beef tenderloin||1 Pound|
|Chinese five spice powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Bell peppers||2 (1 Yellow And 1 Green)|
|Plum tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Canned bamboo shoots||15 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|Fresh ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Sake/Sherry of same quantity||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Make thin slices of the beef.
2) In a medium bowl, mix togeteher the spice powder and black pepper with 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
3) Now add the meat and mix well and put aside for 20 minutes.
4) Make 2 halves of the bell peppers and seed,cut into small chunks.
5) Remove the peel of the carrots, thinly slice lengthwise, then cut into matchsticks.
6) Snap off the edges from the scallions and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
7) Peel the tomatoes and make small chunks by cutting.
8) In a colander or siever,drain the bamboo shoots.
9) Peel the ginger and garlic and chop them into tiny pieces.
10) In a wok, heat oil over high heat.
11) Ladle in the oil and swirl it around the pan.
12) Stick a wooden spoon into the oil to check, if bubbles form around the spoon, the oil is ready.
13) Now add the meat to the pan and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
14) To a wok rack or a plate, usinge tongs, transfer with meat, now add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
15) Now add all of the vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
16) Ladle in the sake and the remaining soy sauce.
17) Transfer the meat to the wok and further cook for 2 minutes before serving.
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.1 mg25.4%
Sodium 1244.2 mg51.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 30 g59.2%
Vitamin A 125.2% Vitamin C 128.6%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet