Roulade Of Beef
|Flank steak||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Button mushroom||1⁄2 Pound, firm, stem removed|
|Parsley sprigs||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sage leaves||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|White bread crumbs||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Marsala||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dry|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dusting)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Lightly oil a baking tray.
3) Remove the excess fat, membranes and sinus off the beef, split it or â€œbutterfly it â€œ lengthwise, the grain of the meat. Do not cut it through. 4) You can also ask the butcher to do it for you)
5) Clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth to remove the dirt if any.
And chop it finely
6) In a bowl put mushrooms, parsley, sage, breadcrumbs, butter, salt and pepper, add Â¼ marsala.
7) Add the mixture thoroughly with your hands.
8) Spread the stuffing over the steak, leaving the margin of about Â½ inch on the sides.
9) Roll the steak up with the grain not too tightly. Tie it in several places with a soft string.
10) In a heavy skillet heat oil and brown the roulade on all sides.
11) In a roasting tray put Â½ a cup of beef stock.
12) Dust the roulades with flour and put it in roasting tray.
13) Roast for 25 minutes, turning several times. Add the remaining wine and stock, roast for 20 minutes more.
14) Remove and discard the strings if any.
15) In a serving platter put the roulade.
16) If there not enough liquid in the roasting tray add little boiling water and scrape the sides and bottom to make thick sauce.
17) Strain the sauce and pour over the roulade.
18) Cut the roulade and serve hot.