Kettle Roasted Honey Beef
|Sirloin||3 Pound, trimmed of excess fat (1 1/2 Kilogram Piece)|
|Bay leaf branches||8|
|For mustard wine marinade|
|Mustard seeds||4 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||12 Fluid Ounce (1 1/2 Cups Or 375 Milliliter)|
|Coarsely crushed black peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh tarragon leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh sage leaves||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat a covered barbecue to a high heat.
2. To make marinade, in a bowl soak mustard seeds in wine and for 30 minutes and mix in black peppercorns, tarragon leaves, sage leaves and honey to combine.
3. In a shallow dish place beef and pour over marinade.
4. Cover and let it marinate, turning occasionally, for at least 1 hour.
5. Drain beef reserving the marinade, place it on barbecue grill and cook, turning frequently, until brown on all sides.
6. Then removing the beef from barbecue reduce heat to medium.
7. In a barbecue roasting rack, line with bay branches and place beef on top.
8. Strain the reserved marinade and over the beef spread with mustard seeds-and herbs.
9. Into a roasting tin pour marinating liquid, place rack, cover barbecue with lid and cook, turning occasionally for 35-55 minutes until beef is cooked to your liking.
10. Serve if desired with wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Malbec.