|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chopped green bell pepper||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground turkey||5 Ounce|
|Canned red kidney beans||4 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Tomato puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hamburger buns||4 Ounce, cut into halves and toasted|
1) In a 8 inch non-stick skillet, saute the celery, onions and pepper in the oil over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender.
2) Stir in the turkey, crumble the meat and saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Stir in rest of the ingredients except buns and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer over a low heat for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.
5) Spoon half of turkey mixture on the bottom half of each bun, cover each with a bun half and serve immediately.
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 56 mg18.7%
Sodium 590.8 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 22 g44.5%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 81%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet