Beef Cordon Blue
|Monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce, cut into 4 sticks(3 x 1/2 inch)|
|Beef sirloin steaks||4 Ounce, pounded|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Around each cheese stick, roll a slice of ham.
2. Place the ham rolled cheese in between the pounded beef steak, and fold the beef over ike and envelope.
3. In a bowl, add eggs, water and whisk lightly. Dip beef rolls, and coat with bread crumbs.
4. In a deep fryer, deep fry on moderate heat these crumbed beef rolls, until golden brown.
5. Microwave for 2 minutes to ensure the meat is completely cook.
6. Serve with crisp french fries, and melted butter over the sliced cordon bleu.
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.4%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 370.5 mg123.5%
Sodium 967.6 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 24.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 47% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet