One Dish Meal
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Bacon||12 Ounce, diced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Smoked sausage||1⁄2 Pound, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Canned pork and beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned lima beans||1 Can (10 oz), rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Soybeans/Great northern beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Ketchup/Chili sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey/Brown sugar -||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid smoke seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 Dash|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
1) Take a skillet and brown ground beef in it.
2) Pour off fat and arrange then in a slow cooker.
3) Fry bacon until browned and drain well on paper towel.
4) From the skillet, drain fat and sautÃ© onion, green onions and green pepper in it until lightly browned.
5) Place this in slow cooker with bacon and rest of the ingredients.
6) Cook the mixture, covered on low for 4-6 hours.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 993 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.8%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.8 mg47.9%
Sodium 3125.6 mg130.2%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.5%
Sugars 50 g
Protein 68 g135.4%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 21% Iron 56.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet