|Veal stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Light olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tournedos/Mignons -4 filets, 6 ounces each, cut in half crosswise to form medallions||24 Ounce, about 3/4 inch to 1 inch thick (8, 3 Ounce Each)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Madeira wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|French bread slice||8 , lightly toasted|
|Canned foie gras||8 Ounce, cut in 8 slices|
|Truffles||2 Ounce, thinly sliced / minced|
|Watercress sprig||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Season the tournedos with salt and pepper.
3. In a saucepan, heat the stock over medium-high heat until it is reduced to 1 cup.
4. In a heavy pan or skillet, heat clarified butter and oil.
5. Add the seasoned tournedos and sautÃ© over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side until just medium-rare or about 4 minutes per side until just medium.
6. Spoon the tournedos from the pan and pour off the excess fat.
7. Stir in Madeira and add the reduced stock to deglaze the pan.
8. Heat until the mixture simmers and reduces by about one-quarter or until the sauce thickens slightly.
9. Stir butter into the sauce.
10. On top of the toasted bread, place a tournedos and top with a slice of foie gras.
11. Place a truffle on top of the foie gras.
12. Place the toasted topped bread into the broiler and broil for about 1 minute.
13. On warm serving plates, transfer the toasted bread along with the meat and spoon sauce around the tournedos.
14. Garnish with watercress.
15. Serve immediately.
Calories 650 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.2 mg106.1%
Sodium 1004.5 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 66 g131.1%
Vitamin A 356.5% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 103.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet