Johns Neapolitan Beef EntrÃ©e
|Chopped onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed (Or More)|
|Diced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mushrooms||6 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked macaroni shell||8 Ounce|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, drained (1 Package)|
|Grated sharp cheddar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1. Take a pan and add oil in it; add onion, garlic, carrots and celery in hot oil and saute the ingredients for 5 minutes.
2. Now add meat cook and stir until the meat piece gets light brown in shed.
3. Now add next 8 ingredients as mentioned in the list into the mix.
4. Simmer the entire mix for 1 Â½ hours in uncovered condition.
5. Add macaroni and spinach in the cooked mix and blend well with other ingredients.
6. Pour the cooked mix into a 2-quart casserole.
7. Top the dish with breadcrumbs and cheddar cheese.
8. Bake the dish uncovered for 30 minutes at 325 degrees or until hot.
9. Allow the dish to rest some time after baking.
10. Serve immediately/hot