Sliced Sirloin Steak with Sun Dried Tomatoes and California Goat Cheese, and A Napa Valley Mustard Sauce
|For the mustard sauce:|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Horseradish||3 Tablespoon, drained and prepared|
|Dijon mustard/Whole grain mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|For the croutons:|
|French bread slice||8 (1/2 Inch)|
|For the steaks:|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Top sirloin steak||32 Ounce (4, 8 Ounce Each)|
|For the balsamic-garlic vinaigrette:|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh goat cheese||8 Ounce, cut into 8 slices|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the salad:|
|Freshly cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Fine bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried herbs de provence/Mixed dried herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Baby lettuce||5 Ounce (Such As Red Oak, Arugula, Fries, And Radicchio)|
|Sundried tomatoes in oil||8 , drained|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Preheat grill or broiler.
3. In a mixing bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks are formed.
4. Add sour cream, horseradish, mustard, and salt; whisk until thoroughly blended; do not over mix.
5. Refrigerate the sauce until ready to serve.
6. On both sides of the bread, brush oil lightly and cut neatly into cubes.
7. In a mixing bowl, prepare vinaigrette by whisking together the oil, garlic, and vinegar until emulsified and keep aside.
8. On a baking sheet, place the bread cubes and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
9. Let them cool outside the oven.
10. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, place salt, pepper, fennel seeds, and thyme and toast lightly over medium heat for about 1 minute until just fragrant.
11. In a spice grinder, place the toasted spices and grind to a powder.
12. Apply the spice mixture onto the steaks.
13. Place the seasoned steak on the grill and grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare and about 6 minutes per side for medium.
14. Transfer the steaks on a plate for cooling.
15. On a plate, place the slices of goat cheese and sprinkle with oil and pepper.
16. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together the bread crumbs and herbs.
17. Place the cheese slices in the bread crumb mixture and coat thoroughly.
18. On a baking sheet, place cheese slices and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
19. In a mixing bowl, toss the lettuces with the vinaigrette.
20. In each of the serving plates, mound a lettuce on one side and top with the baked goat cheese slices, croutons, and tomatoes.
21. Spoon chilled mustard sauce on the other side of the plate and arrange the steak slices on top of the sauce.
22. Serve immediately.