New York Ritz-Carlton Carpetbag Steaks With Artichoke, Potato, And Arugula Salad
|For the steak|
|Minced shallot||1 Tablespoon|
|Shucked oysters with liquid||8 (Fresh)|
|Minced flat leaf parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Mignon steaks||32 Ounce (4 Fillets, 8 Ounce Each)|
|For the vinaigrette:|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|For the artichoke, potato and arugula salad:|
|Baby artichokes||8 , outer leaves removed|
|Lemon||1 , sliced into half|
|Red bliss potato/Yukon gold / white chef's potatoes||6 Small (1/4-Inch Slices)|
|Arugula||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly cracked pepper||To Taste|
1) In a blender, blend together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Keep aside.
2) Rub lemon on the artichokes so they do not brown. Steam the artichokes along with the potatoes in a steamer for about 8 minutes or until tender. Mix the warm vegetables with half the vinaigrette.
3) In a bowl, toss the arugula leaves with the other half of the vinaigrette. Add in the drained, steamed vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
4) In a saucepan, melt butter and saute shallots on medium for 2 minutes. Add in the oysters and saute for a minute longer.
5) When the ends of the oysters just start to curl, add in the oyster liquid which helps deglaze the pan. Allow to cool before sprinkling in parsley.
6) Slice each steak halfway through in the middle, horizontally, to form a pocket within.
7) Stuff two oysters each within the pocket of the steak and divide the remaining oyster mixture equally within the 4 steaks.
8) Season the steak with salt and pepper and place in a preheated broiler. Cook the steaks for 5-6 minutes for medium rare and about 7 minutes for medium on each side.
9) Transfer the steaks onto the plate and serve along with the arugula salad.
Calories 1207 Calories from Fat 902
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g155.8%
Saturated Fat 26 g130.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.5 mg72.5%
Sodium 456.5 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 54 g108.2%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 46%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet