|Beef bones||2 Pound (Meat And Trimmings)|
|Carrots||2 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Leek||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Celery||1 , chopped|
|Tomatoes/Canned plum tomatoes - 1 cup||2 Medium, quartered|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Thyme sprigs||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Fresh thyme sprigs/Dried thyme - 1/2 teaspoon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 450Â° F.
2. In a roasting pan, put together beef bones, meat, trimming, carrots and onion.
3. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes until the mixture is browned; stir occasionally.
4. In a stockpot, transfer the bone mixture along with all the fat.
5. Deglaze the pan with 2 cups of water; scrape sides and bottom of the pan to loosen all the pieces.
6. Pour this mixture to the stock-pot along with the remaining stock ingredients.
7. Pour water in the stockpot to cover the mixture by 2 inches and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat and simmer for at least 4 hours; keep uncovered.
9. Occasionally skim off any impurities that rise to the top as it cooks.
10. If the water level in the stock pot is low, add more water to keep the mixture covered.
11. Strain the stock and discard the solids.
12. Let the stock cool sligtly.
13. Serve immediately or use it for making soups and stews or cool completely, cover and refrigerate until needed.