Ground Beef Delight
|Elbow macaroni||1 Pound (Short Cut, Tiny Size)|
|Onions||5 Large, chopped|
|Ground beef||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz) (Campbell's)|
|Pimento||2 Ounce, chopped (1 Jar)|
|Mushroom||16 Ounce, drained (2 Can)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||16 Ounce, drained (2 Cans Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|American cheese||1 Pound, grated|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
1) In a pot, add salted water and boil macaroni in it.
2) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3) In a pan, fry bacon. Remove and keep aside.
4) In the bacon grease in the pan, saute onions.
5) To this, add the ground meat and brown lightly.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste.
7) Gradually add tomato soup, pimento, mushrooms and crumbled bacon and mix well.
8) Now, in two 4 or 5 quart casseroles, arrange alternate layers of macaroni, meat mixture and grated cheese.
9) Similarly, prepare 3 layers, ending with cheese on top.
10) Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
11) Serve along with a mixed vegetable salad.