Beef and Onion Stir Fry
|Beef flank steak||1 Pound, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips|
|Lean beef steak||1 Pound, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips (Flank, Sirloin Or Top Round)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Onions||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Mild onions||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Sherry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry wine/Sherry / wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
1) Mix together beef, salt, egg white and cornstarch with hands and keep it aside.
2) In a wok or deep skillet, heat about 2 inch of oil to 375Â°F and sautÃ© beef in it, in small amounts at a time, until lightly browned.
3) Place them on paper towels to drain well.
4) Reduce the temperature to 350Â°F, adding in more oil if necessary and then sautÃ© onions in it until soft and well browned, keeping aside when done.
5) Add broccoli and carrots to the skillet and stir-fry them until crisp-tender if wished.
6) Place the beef and onions back to skillet and then mix in wine, sugar and soy sauce.
7) Increase temperature to 425Â°F and sautÃ© the mixture for 2 minutes until beef is glazed and brown.
8) Serve hot at once.
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.1 mg31.4%
Sodium 1478.8 mg61.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 53 g106.2%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet