Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding
|Rump||3 Pound, rolled|
|Top rump beef/Topside / sirloin and wing rib on the bone / boned and rolled, can be used for this recipe||3 Pound, rolled (1 1/2 Kilogram sirloin And Wing Rib On The Bone, Or Boned And Rolled, Can Be Used For This Recipe)|
|Roasted vegetables||4 Ounce, blanched for 5 minutes in salted water. (Like Potatoes, Turnips, Parsnips, Celeriac Etc, Blanched For 5 Minutes In Salted Water.)|
|For the yorkshire pudding|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Milk or water||1⁄2 Pint|
|Dripping/Lard||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Pint, mixed with water (2 Deciliter)|
|Water||1⁄6 Pint (1 Deciliter)|
|Dripping/Lard||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
1. To make the batter for Yorkshire pudding, into a large mixing bowl, sieve together flour and salt
2. Add egg and half the milk-water to a well made in center of dry ingredients.
3. Use a wooden spoon to mix quickly and thoroughly until smooth, adding the remaining liquid while beating.
4. Pour into a jug and leave until ready to cook.
5. Dry the meat with a clean kitchen cloth.
6. Rub a bit of the dripping all over the roast.
7. Preheat the oven to 425Â°F (220Â°C or Gas No. 7)
8. In a large roasting pan, make a bed of roasting vegetables and place the roast on top
9. Drizzle with remaining drippings.
10. Roast for 15 minutes in the preheated oven
11. Reduce the oven temperature to 375Â°F (190Â°C or Gas No. 5)
12. Continue to roast, allowing 15 minutes per pound of meat plus 15 minutes for a rare roast or 20 minutes per pound plus 15 minutes for a well-done roast.
13. Baste the roast frequently with pan drippings.
14. About 40 minutes before the end of the cooking, increase oven temperature again to 425Â°F (220Â°C or Gas No. 7).
15. Transfer the roast to lower level of oven.
16. In an ovenproof dish or individual pudding molds, place drippings or lard.
17. Heat fat on the top shelf in the oven to smoking point.
18. Quickly pour pudding batter all at once.
19. Return to the oven and cook pudding for 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden on top.
20. Carve and serve the roast with the vegetables and Yorkshire pudding on the side.
Calories 819 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277.5 mg92.5%
Sodium 410.1 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 124 g248.8%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 64.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet