Pot Au Feu
|Beef brisket||3 Pound|
|Marrow bone||11 Large|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
1) Take a large kettle and combine bone, beef and 6 cups of cold water in it.
2) Bring mixture to a slow boil and then skim.
3) Add another 1 cup of cold water and bring mixture to a slow boil. Skim again.
4) Stud onions with 3 cloves.
5) Add turnips, carrots, parsley, leeks, sugar, bay leaf, clove-studded onion to beef broth.
6) Season with pepper and salt.
7) Simmer, covered, for about 4-5 hours or until meat becomes tender.
8) Drain broth.
8) Serve Pot Au Feu hot.