Mile High Shredded Beef
|Chuck roast/Round steak||3 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Beef broth/Bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ketchup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||3 Drop|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1) Take a Dutch oven; heat oil in it and brown beef on both sides.
2) Stir in onion and celery and then pour in broth.
3) Simmer the mixture, covered for 3-4 hours until meat is tender.
4) Take off the meat and then cool it.
5) Shred the cooled meat.
6) Drain the broth from vegetables, saving 1-1/2 cups and remove any fat from the surface.
7) Place the meat, vegetables and broth back to Dutch oven and then mix in rest of the ingredients.
8) Allow the mixture to simmer until heated through. (Better option is to cook in a slow cooker on low heat.)
9) Take off bay leaf and serve hot.