Lime Ginger Beef
|Rump steak||1 1⁄4 Pound, trimmed of fat and cut into thin strips (600 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||2 , trimmed and sliced into thin strips|
|Carrot||1 Large, julienned|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , seeded, deribbed and julienned|
|For lime ginger sauce|
|Lime||1 , rind grated and juiced|
|Grated ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce/Shoyu||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon, mixed with water|
1) Allow a microwave browning dish to be preheated on high for the maximum time allowed in the dish's instruction manual.
2) Season the beef strips generously with black pepper.
3) Swirl the preheated dish evenly with 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
4) Put half of the beef strips on the dish to sear, often stirring and turning them with a wooden spoon.
5) Take off the seared beef from the dish after 1 or 2 minutes.
6) Using a paper towel, wipe off the browning dish and then heat it again for 3 minutes.
7) Apply remaining oil on to the dish and allow the remaining beef to be seared in the same way.
8) To a baking dish, transfer the beef and then mix in spring onions, carrot and red pepper.
9) Take a small bowl and mix together all the ingredients for the lime-ginger sauce in it.
10) Spoon lime-ginger sauce over beef and vegetables and then cook the mixture for 3 minutes on high.
11) Serve the beef and vegetables on a platter at once.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 257.4 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 43 g86.8%
Vitamin A 81.5% Vitamin C 75.3%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet