Corned Beef And Cabbage
|Carrots||3 , cut into pieces|
|Carrots||3 , cut into 3 inch pieces|
|Corned beef brisket||4 Pound|
|Onions||3 Medium, quartered|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 , cut into wedges|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, cut into wedges|
1) In the bottom of a slow cooker, evenly layer the beef, carrots, onions. Pour over the water.
2) Close the slow cooker with the lid and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
3) Put in the cabbage into the broth. Push down the floating cabbage to moisten.
4) Close the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for a further 2 to 3 hours
5) Serve immediately over buns, pasta, rice, or potatoes.
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110 mg36.7%
Sodium 263.1 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 153.8% Vitamin C 42.6%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet