Stir Fried Beef With Peppers And Snow Peas
|Flank steak||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat|
|Soy sauce||3 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallion||1 , minced (The White And Part Of The Green)|
|Finely slivered fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 , cut into strips|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 , cut into 1/2-inch strips|
|Snow peas||2 Ounce, tops and strings removed (15 Pieces)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon (Found In Oriental Stores)|
1. With a sharp knife held at a 45° angle, slice the steak into thin strips.
2. In a bowl, toss the strips with 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce.
3. Let it stand for 20 minutes.
4. Take a large, heavy skillet or wok and heat it over high heat for 30 seconds.
5. Add the oil and swirl it around to coat the surface of the pan evenly.
6. Go on heating until the oil just starts to smoke.
7. Now add the scallions, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry for about 20 seconds, until fragrant.
8. Add the beef and stir-fry for about 1 minute more, until lightly browned.
9. Next, add the pepper strips and snow peas and stir-fry for about 20 seconds, until the peppers wilt.
10. Add the oyster sauce and the remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce.
11. Stir and cook for about 1 minute, just until the meat is cooked through.
12. Serve hot with rice.
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg5%
Sodium 403.4 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 84.5%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet