Ground Beef Soup
|Beef||1 Pound, coarsely ground|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Small, peeled, chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , peeled, diced|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||12 Cup (192 tbs), melted|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium flame and melt butter in it.
2. Add the beef to the butter and sauté it till browned and fat is rendered.
3. Drain off fat from the skillet then tip the meat into a slow-cooker or into a crock pot
4. Except the ½ cup butter and flour, add the remaining ingredients to the pot and mix well with the beef.
5. Close pot tightly with its lid.
6. Allow the beef and vegetables to cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, preferably overnight.
7. Blend together the melted butter and flour.
8. One hour before serving time, add the flour butter paste to the soup and stir well until blended in.
9. Increase temperature to HIGH and cook for 15 minutes.
10. Ladle the beef and vegetable soup into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.