Sirloin Steaks with Pizzaiola Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), roughly chopped|
|Sirloin steaks||20 Ounce (4 Steaks, Each About 140 Gram / 5Ounce)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||800 Gram (2 Cans, 400 Gram Each)|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiled new potatoes||4 (For Serving)|
|Rocket leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Handful)|
1. Season the steaks.
1. Take a heavy-based frying pan and place it over high heat.
2. Add the olive oil and garlic to the pan.
3. Place the steaks, two at a time, on the oil, and brown them quickly on both sides.
4. Put all the 4 steaks back in the pan now, and add the tomatoes.
5. Season with salt and pepper and reduce the heat.
6. Sprinkle the oregano over the steaks and tomatoes.
7. Now cover the pan partially and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
8. Gently lift the tender steaks from the pan, cover with foil, and set aside.
9. Increase the heat to bring the tomato sauce to a boil.
10. Then simmer the tomato sauce for about 10 minutes, until it has reduced to half.
11. Put the steaks out of the foil and place them on plates.
12. Pour the sauce over the steak and serve with new potatoes and a handful of rocket leaves.
Calories 665 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.1%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.6 mg22.2%
Sodium 370.7 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 39 g77.8%
Vitamin A 34.9% Vitamin C 53.6%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 108.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet