|Steak||1 Pound, finely sliced (500 Gram, Braising Or Stewing Steak)|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), sliced|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
1. Beat the finely sliced beef until thin with a rolling pin or mallet after placing it between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper.
2. Then rub the beef with the salt and then cut into serving pieces.
3. In a bowl place it, add the yogurt and leave overnight in the refrigerator with cover.
4. In a heavy pan melt the ghee or butter and fry the onion and garlic gently for 4-5 minutes such that soft.
5. Then add the ground ginger, ground coriander, chili powder, ground cumin, tumeric and garam masala and fry for 3 minutes with constant stirring.
6. To the saucepan add the beef, together with its marinade and stir.
7. Let it simmer with cover for 1 1/2 hours such that the meat is tender.
8. Serve hot with rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1610 Calories from Fat 903
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g156%
Saturated Fat 47.6 g238.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 324.8 mg108.3%
Sodium 2557.5 mg106.6%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.8 g63%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 110 g219.1%
Vitamin A 66.4% Vitamin C 66.6%
Calcium 69.3% Iron 85.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet